VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

How do I set the Cradle On The 2010 VW Beetle for the Right…

Customer Question
How do I set the...
How do I set the Cradle On The 2010 VW Beetle for the Right Side Headlight. There is to much Play in it and the Connection is not solid. I feel if I take it to the dealer I will get ripped off
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/17/2017
VW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, I need to know if yours has HID or halogen headlamps as there are some differences between them

More about position of the cartridge in the cradle

HI,

I understand, but there are differences in that between the HID and halogen lights. The cradles and the headlamp assemblies are different as are the locking mechanism.

If not sure which you have, if there is a large rectangular block(the ballast) on the back of the headlamp socket, it is HID