VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I had to replace the CQ-EV1463G radio in my 2007 Passat

Good evening! I had...
Good evening! I had to replace the CQ-EV1463G radio in my 2007 Passat (Vin# *****) and just got the new one installed, but it needs a code to activate. Could I get the code please?
11/16/2017
kyle swart

Hello my name is ***** ***** than you for using just answer. Since your stereo is new, would you please get me the serial number from the side of the unit ( vwz4z7......). With this number, I can obtain the radio code, but, it may not be until tomorrow, thank you.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. Certified master auto technician
2003-2004, 2013-2015 Certified Volkswagen technician
VW and Audi technician, indpependent, 12 years.

Thanks for getting back to me! By "new" I actually meant "replacement". It's a used one I got off eBay (sorry, should've mentioned that before). The serial number is ***** I did put my old radio's faceplate on it since it was in better condition though. Would that make any difference with the code? If so, I can also get the old radio's serial number.Thank you!

The new serial number should suffice. thank you.

Just confirming that the serial number of the replacement radio is VWZ5Z7G2137231.Thanks!

your radio code is : 1818.

Hopefully the information I supplied helped. Please leave me a 5 star rating, if you do not feel I deserve a 5 star rating, please let me know ahead of time and I will make sure I have done all that I can to assist you, thank you.

kyle swart
It's alive, IT'S ALIVE!! Thanks a lot for your help!