VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I srnd my VW to a workshop for an alternator replacement.

I srnd my VW...

I srnd my VW to a workshop for an alternator replacement. Now the mec cant get the car to start. Touareg V10 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. Thank you

Engine turn but dont stat. According to diagnostic it is low voltage. Replace both batterys still the same problem
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need some more information.

can you have a full module scan of the whole vehicle and post the fault codes here !!

Thanks

I will try to get them from the tech he is 800km from me on the moment

P0642
Sensor Reference Voltage "A" Circuit LowSensor Reference Voltage A Circuit Low

– Replace Engine Control Module -J623-.

i would have him recheck the wiring for the sensors and items unhooked first !!! possibility has pinched wiring or left something loose . if all is ok the Engine control module needs to be replaced!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Still no you the VW dont dtart

what did you do exactly?