VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

`2008 VW EOS Rear window module coding number. Not auto drop…

Customer Question
`2008 VW EOS Rear window...
`2008 VW EOS Rear window module coding number. Not auto drop or limit teaching.
Car had battery drain which has been identified and fixed. After repair and new battery install, instrument cluster information screen now shows both rear doors now being open, FYI-EOS doesnt have rear doors! which causes the exit lights on the rear view mirrors to illuminate, because the car thinks the doors are open. Also right rear window now works in reverse from all other windows-when you press down the right window goes up instead of down. I have VAG, launch and Autel scanners, all of them are as up to date as possible. They all have many coding options for instance right rear window module has coding options for 4 doors even 5 doors but nothing to code the module back to 2dr EOS.i have recoded both rear window modules for now to remove the illumination lights on exit so we don't drain the new battery. What is the coding number for these rear window module that tells it it is a 2 door convertible EOS?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/15/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # please

thanks

WVWBA71F48V012331
Hello, did you get the vin number?

yes i did sorry had a family emergency!!

checking!!

please see attachment and look at the highlighted areas .

make sure the coding is set to these numbers to each door module!!!

let me know please!!!

Im sorry I don't see an attachment.
Hello, I do not see any attachment.
I'm sorry but I don't understand it shows that you are online on just answers all morning yet you will not responded. How long is it gonna take you to respond back to me?
Are you purposely being so slow in hopes that I will pay more money to speed this up or speak to you on the phone? It sure seems that way
Coded just like the attachment. All coding confirmed Both rear doors still showed to be a jar and right rear side window still rolls up in reverse. I have read that VW is aware of this problem and has a procedure for recoding they just don't tell you how!! Of course. They say start recoding the left front door then working your way around ending with the right rear module which is what I've done. They do not say what the codes are. Could you research that and see what you can find Out. This is a know issue when the battery repeatedly drains on EOS and other models. Thanks

i do need the coding of the vehicle electrics module . DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE BUT COPY AND PASTE CODING HERE!!

THANKS

I'll scan it tonight. And send you the info.

ok

ok, sorry had to do the weekend thing with the kids
I have searched and searched for vehicle electrics module and cannot find anything listed as such.
What number is *****? or what system is it located in?
For example I have a 31 engine electronics or 16 steering wheel electronics, 11 Engine electronics and lots more but nothing called vehicle electrics.

just do a full module scan and post the total control module log here!!

09 is vehicle electrics and 46 is comfort system

checking in do you still need help?