VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2012 vw cc ,, new fob key was programmed last week,, after…

Customer Question
Yes 2012 vw cc...

Yes 2012 vw cc ,, new fob key was programmed last week,, after that ,, key has problems with getting in

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

I had original,, and bought a blank from vw dealer who programmed it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well in order to at leas start it ,, i need to put my finger inside where the key goes in and to side there is a plastic that moves down and allows the key to get in

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible that the dealer messed up that ignition ?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
11/15/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 9 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Do you only have the one key?
What I meant if you have a second older key does the ignition do the same with the older key ?