VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have 2012 cc. 2 liter turbo. uses lots of oil. ~1 qt / 900…

Customer Question
I have 2012 cc...

I have 2012 cc. 2 liter turbo. uses lots of oil. ~1 qt / 900 miles. also oil smells of gasoline

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

2,000 miles ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Turbo?

It was replace 6 months ago under extended warranty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Turbo yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer fixed it. dealer did an oil consumption test a couple of days ago. I'm arguing my extended warranty should fix the problem

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/10/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

The first thing for oil consumption diagnosis you need to start at a starting point where the oil is full on the stick and drive it until they direct you when to come back to re-verify the level.

once that is proved that there is excessive consumption the procedure is for you to approve dissasembly of the engine to get to the root cause of the consumption because at this point it is not know what part is causing this and the big question if it is covered under warranty or not.

You will need to also provide documentation of all oil changes since you have owned the vehicle to show you have properly maintained the vehicle according to the mfg service intervals. This is a long process and due diligence is needed to cover all the bases .