VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The heater blows but its cold air. I dont know where the…

Customer Question
The heater blows but...

The heater blows but its cold air. I dont know where the fuse for the heater is located and it 25 deg out side

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Do you know what they look like?

Yes driver side under the dash and driver side under the hood

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2013 jetta tdi

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think its the fuse but I dont know which one or where it is to check

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I hope not

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
11/10/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Does the heater control panel work like normal?

Ok can you tell me if you have heat on one side of the vehicle and not the other ?? Like blowing hot on one side of the dash and not the other out of the vents

No heat any side just cold air.

Ok this is not fuse related you have a issue with the heater core being clogged there is a technical bulletin that volkswagen came out with that states that you will need to flush the system after the new heater core is installed in a certain manner common issue for the tai model Passat and Jetta we do about 1 a week in the winter for this issue . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided if ou would like i can also do a phone call

please dont forget the star rating thank you