VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2013 Volkswagon Passat with 39000 miles. Recently I…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Volkswagon Passat with 39000 miles. Recently I stopped at a store and when I returned and tried to start the car, it would not turn over. I asked a person for a boost and it still wouldn't turn. light were on and horn blew. After a few minutes, it turned over. What could be wrong? Someone said its the Alternator, Someone said the pulley. Please help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The running lights outside the car.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. and I don't think I will be fixing it myself.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
11/10/2017
VW Mechanic: kyle swart,
 replied 7 months ago
kyle swart

Does your car have a keyless (kessy) system on it, or do you have to insert the key into the ignition? thanks.

Kyle S.
A.S.E. certified master auto technician
licensed smog technician, test and repair, L-1 advanced engine performance certified
Certified Volkswagen technician, 2003,2004,2013,2014,2015
Volkswagen and Audi independent 12 years

Have t insert key to start.
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Melvin i do need a vin # to get the factory info to assist!!

Thanks