VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Rattle coming from the torq converter on 2014 beetle r line

Customer Question
with 2.0 liter DSG clutch. JA...
Rattle coming from the torq converter on 2014 beetle r line with 2.0 liter DSG clutch.
JA: Has the clutch been slipping? Are you having any trouble shifting?
Customer: No problem with clutch slipping or shifting. Thought it was loose exhaust initially
JA: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Took it into local local repair shop as neares vow dealer is several hours away. Local repair put it up on rack and said noise was coming from the torq converter and recommended Intake it to a dealer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No ma,am
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: VW
Is the car safe to drive 500 miles to a dealer so should I trailer it?
10/17/2017
VW Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 3 months ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

if your positive its coming from the torq converter i would trailer it...If the converter comes apart the clutch debris will desrtroy the trans quickly

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
John S

eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy