VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I am looking for a very rough estimate / ballpark for the…

I am looking for a...
I am looking for a very rough estimate / ballpark for the following repair. 2009 VW Tiguan. Timing chain either broke or skipped causing engine failure.
10/16/2017
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Ok this will be a ball park figure.without knowing how much damage has been caused its impossible to be accurate but .your likely to need all valves replaced ,head machined ,new head gasket ,intake gasket,exhaust gasket,timing chain kit ,coolant change ,oil and filter ,possible follower replacement ,cam cover gasket .you could be anywhere in the region of $1300-$3000 thats as long as there is no piston damage if there is you could easily get to $4000

what if an entire new engine is needed?

It wont need an entire engine .as long as the car hasnt thrown a rod then there is no reason the engine cannot be repaired

One last piece of info. The internal mount is broken. Does that impact anything?

Internal mount ? Engine mount ?

my bad. I meant a guide broke inside the motor

Wont effect the repair at all will just need to be replaced .fairly straight foward

Sorry .the guide wont change anything this will be the cause of your issue and is replaced as part of timing cahin kit

Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic