VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

My 2005 BE Pass at has a secondary air injection incorrect

flow. What does this mean...
My 2005 BE Pass at has a secondary air injection incorrect flow. What does this mean. Can I drive my car safely for a few days until I can get to a mechanic? Also how much does something like this costs? Thanks.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/16/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

the Secondary air injection system, has vacuum lines , solenoids , gaskets and T connection all over the car , if one of the lines cracked ,came off, solenoid not working etc, it will gives this fault codes, first thing is to have it scanned using a factory scanner to test air injection system components and repair or replace what failed, now as far as the car driving it will not effected, it will probably spend more gas until you get it fixed but should not breakdown since it is emission related issue no mechanical ,but needs addressed .

Now with that said in most cases the secondary air injection solenoid goes bad ,around $200 to do that and if vacuum line broke , should not be more than one 1 hr labor plus the line ,depends on the shop labor rate

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat