VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2004 beetle convertible, roof not opening, fuses okay and…

Customer Question
2004 beetle convertible...

2004 beetle convertible , roof not opening , fuses okay and motor

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes , i am a mechanic, so far i have changed the switch, checked all fuses , made sure the motor is okay and the two relays in boot compartment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Besides the relays in the boot which other component actuates the motor ?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?

The car is starting and driving perfect, only the roof cannot open. mileage is 49360

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
10/16/2017
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 8 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.

Have you had the fault codes checked/read out at all with a fully compatible scan tool or computer that can plug into your vehicle to read all computers in your vehicle to see what codes are set at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete