VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Is it possible to restore tension in old brake springs? Go H…

Is it possible to restore...
Is it possible to restore tension in old brake springs?
Go
H
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2017
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi im kevin is spring coils had opened up they could retension them by closing the gaps back up but this wont last forever as eventually they will go back to how they were

Are you familiar with this braking system that t I described? Can you find me replacement parts,or tell me where you think I might find them?

I can take alook can i have vin number

Ive managed to find them without the vin this is a link to page with a spring kit

http://europarts-sd.com/brakeshoehardwarekit-rear1992-1996.asp

Please remember to rate my service

Im still here respond to this conversation .

Which parts do you need for the front ?

Kevin: Apparently there is a brake kit that is needed for the front. I don't know what it includes. I will have to rely on your expertise for the probable parts needed.

From my info you have calipers on the front so there are no springs fitted to front brakes

Ok there are no springs on the front however there is a set of pad retaining pins so ive added a link to page containing both parts

http://europarts-sd.com/viewcart.asp

Please remember to select 5 star rating for my service so i recieve credit for my time and let me know if you need anything else at all

Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic