VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

HAVE 04 HONDA ACCORD LX VIN 1HGCM56394A081288 Crank no

HAVE 04 HONDA ACCORD LX VIN...
HAVE 04 HONDA ACCORD LX
VIN 1HGCM56394A081288Crank no start.When I got the vehicle: Plugs were fouled,dead battery and no codes.Replaced plugs and charged batteryHas good spark and Injector pulse
Good fuel pressure
Compression 145 182 180 182NO START.Just really drawing a blank on this one. I can perform about any test we need to do to get us there.Thanks, Mike.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is it normal for green key shaped security light to flash while cranking?
10/13/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

No, the security light should not be flashing while cranking.

Try the following and if it doesnt work, do the next procedure

Open driver door and lock doors with door lock switch and shut the door from the outside and open with mechanical key and try to start

If no go,

Open and leave open driver door. Place key in ignition and turn to on/run position and leave. Disconnect the negative cable for 1 minute. Reconnect and wait 1 minute. Cycle key to off for 5 seconds and then crank

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I had forgotten how quick and thorough you can be. I went home for evening.I will try this and get back to you. If nesc....Thanks, Mike
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay, so it did not turn out as hoped. No flashing security lamp when cranking, but still no start. However, going forward I have ascertained that we do not have 5 volt ref. @TPS or @MAP sensor. COMPUTER? I'm looking at an ECM pinout, so I can check integrity of the ref voltage circuit(s) between sensors and ECM.

HI,

Looking at the diagrams, the MAP and TP sensor 5v reference are on different wires - pin 20 and pin 21 on the ecm connector, so that eliminates the wiring and points to the ECM itself

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'll be looking for a replacement on Monday.Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay. So, I forgot a step. But, I think I'm almost there. I installed a replacement ECM with matching #s. I now get 5 volt reference. But, no start.So, programming would be my issue at this point?????

yes, for that year, it will need to be programmed with vin number to match for the antitheft system.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Last ?(I hope). Do I need to call a mobile "flashing" service or will the locksmith be able to do this?Thank you very mush for your assistance.

HI,

You can try a locksmith, but not all have the software and scan tool yet to do this. You will be better off calling a mobile flashing service to do this.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Appointment already set
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager