VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

How often do you have to change your timing belt and water…

hihow often do you have...
hihow often do you have to change your timing belt and water pump?
Mine was last changed at 40000 milesthanks
10/13/2017
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic

Hi kevin here .the timing belt is replaced at 4 year or 100,000 mile intervals

is it which ever comes first? mine was done a couple of years ago and ive done 56000 miles

So its whichever time period passes first .

ok thanks what about clutch and fly wheel?

No recommended interval for clutch or flywheel they are only changed when worn .

ok,is there any risk if you dont belt changed every 4 years?

I wouldnt go over interval .if belt breaks it causes expensive damage to engine internals .the cost of belt is around a quarter of the repair cost if it were to break

ok thanks

No problem please remember to rate my service

Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic