VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It drives fine, but all the dash lights pop on. We recently…

Customer Question
It drives fine, but...

It drives fine, but all the dash lights pop on. We recently had the electoral wiring harness changes by the dealer and a new right passenger wheel bearing replaced. this was done because my ABS light was on. we found out that my jetta had a recall for the ABS sensor, so I went to the dealer. So far I've got 900 in those repairs and they still didn't do the sensor update, so know all the lights pop on

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

The check engine light, the abs light, the esp light, the emergancy brake light, the airbag light... but she's driving fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jetta?

2009

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

No this is dealer work. We tried to get the recall workdone but they refused and said I had the have the wiring harness done, then we had the wheel bearing replaced.. all bu them... the onlt lights that popped on was the abs, until they worked on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just what it could be? the car was good until the work was done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
10/6/2017
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

so was the harness replaced or not on the abs ?

was recall done or not ,since sound like wiring issue on the abs module ?

i m sure the dealer scanned it what are the fault code retrieved ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

When the ABS light came on I took it to my mechanic who found a bad fright right wheel bearing and replaced it. The light still came on. So I went to the dealer because my mechanic found we had a recall on the ABS sensor
he wiring harness was replaced by the dealer, he said that he could not do the ABS recall work until it was replaced. The he said the bearing my mechanic did had to be replaced because it wasn't a VW part. So my mechanic took the car back in and got the bearing from VW and put that certified part in. The ABS light is still on. So we were going to set up another appointment with the dealer and make them do the ABS recall since we did everything they told us to do, but today all the lights on the dash popped on, but she's driving fine

if he installed after market ,yes it will not work or dealer will say he want replace that harness ,but if the bearing is oem, they will and most likely doing the recall with oem bearing will work now

yes i ran into this before

yes it will drive fine but the lights will come on , telling basically the abs system is off line but u will still have brakes and want effect engine or driving correct

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced