VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My blinkers horn and windshield wipers all went out. That is…

Customer Question
Hello, my blinkers horn...

Hello, my blinkers horn and windshield wipers all went out

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

That is one thing i have not done

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2001 Passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and ive tested the ignition switch and checked fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all ive done

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
10/6/2017
VW Mechanic: Marty, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is***** is usually caused by a bad ignition switch or a bad load reduction relay. If you have done proper testing at the ignition switch and found that you are getting all of your voltages out of the switch I would try a new load reduction relay.

Marty
Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician