VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It cranks no start. Headlights are on and battery is good.

Customer Question
It cranks no start ...

It cranks no start

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Headlights are on and battery is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2000 passat turbo 4cyl front wheel drive

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a mechanic here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That we had the ecu relay replaced and still nothing

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: VW
10/3/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 10 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

What are you missing spark or fuel pressure ??

What faults do you have in the ecm ??

I have a code P1296 can you explain why I was chargered an addition 20$$

We are the technicians here not sure why they charged you the additional money , would you like me to connect to customer service

No it's fine so with the code p1296 I changed the coolant sensor and nothing and I was told the thermostat can cause the crank no start

This fault is for a thermostat its rare for it to cause a no start condition but its possible , do you have fuel pressure while cranking ?

I have fuel pressure

how about spark?

No sure on that yet I don't have the tools to check spark

this needs to be the next step