VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

When the engine is warmed up and has been running for awhile…

Customer Question
When the engine is...

When the engine is warmed up and has been running for awhile it starts to chug and floods out and won't restart until cold then it takes a few tries but will start and run ok till warm again. OBD1 code using blink method 2342 Is my 02 sensor bad. 2.0 liter gas 1995 cabrio

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I have cleaned the MAF thottle body and PCV valve still the same runs good till hot then chuggs and floods out and quits

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 VW?

Cabrio it's a 1995

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I have cleaned the MAF thottle body and PCV still the same Blink code 2342

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: VW
10/3/2017
VW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Matt, Engineer

Hello

if you're getting that code then this points to a wiring fault with the oxygen sensor

I've attached the pinout and test procedure for the sensor, so if you can run through this and let me know what you find

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you