VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2005 vw passat. Can't get brakes to bleed out. Car has good…

Customer Question
2005 vw passat Mechanic's...

2005 vw passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Can't get brakes to bleed out. Car has good pedal when vehicle is off. No pedal when vehicle is on. We are a shop in ohio. Right and left rear caliper's have been put on. Right Rotor and Rear pads also. There is a new Master Cylinder put on to. We have tried to manually bleed foot pump. And we have tried vacuum pump to bleed them. We are stuck now.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

Fluid is full

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: VW
10/2/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 10 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

when you installed the rear calipers did you push on the brake pedal or did you rachet the e brake levers to adjust the pads?

where in ohio?

thanks