VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The trunk won't open. No but I think it's something

Customer Question
The trunk won't open ...

The trunk won't open

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?

No but I think it's something electrical because doesn't seem to be stuck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2012 Passat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I only tried the button inside the glove box

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was checking the fuse boxes before I got this issue. Then I tried starting the car, later it didn't start. I thought the battery was dead, then I used jumper cables and nothing. Then I realized I moved a fuse in the wrong in to the wrong slot and put it back in the right one, I guess, and the car started again fine. Then I wanted to open the trunk

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
9/30/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 7 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Did the trunk issue only happened after you messed around with the fuses ?

Which exact fuses did you mess with ??

both inside the engine hay and the ones in the cockpit

Can you upload the picture of your current fuse layout of the cockpit one to where the issue is

Look at the fuse block closely in the holes where there is no fuse in it and do you see one empty spot that has metal prongs for a fuse in each hole ??

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced