VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

How is it going, i recently purchased a 06 ve jetta 1.9 tdi…

Customer Question
Hi how is it going...
Hi how is it going, i recently purchased a 06 ve jetta 1.9 tdi and my fuel gauge isn't working, sending unit is fine already tested it, any other things ill have to check, to mention the key is not the factory key but everything else works fine
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
Also i mention that the low fuel light doesn't come on even that is always reading empty
9/29/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 7 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello I'm Wolfgang. I do need a vin # of the vehicle to assist.Do you have vag com scan tool by vcds? Thanks
vin 3vwct81k86m86m853672
No i dont have it

please double check the vin # my database shows invalid!!

2vxct81k86m853672
Sorry
2vwct81k86m853672

can you take a pic of the vin and post here!!

according to my database your blue car is a vehicle total correct?

What u mean a vehicle total?
it has a rebuilt tittle

just want to make sure . was the vehicle hit in the right rear? do you know?

That i know of it was hit on the left front!

ok do me a favor, under the hood , unplug the coolant bottle connector and then start the car does the low coolant light flash?

Ok i will soonest i get to back to the car
Also the oil pressure light keeps coming on
the coolant light and oil light comes on and if you turn off the car plug the coolant light back in and start the car both lights stop flashing correct? Please answer correctly what the question is asking very critical
Coolant light comes on when unplugged and off when plugged back in and oil light is on all the time
Ok do you have vag com /vcds scan tool. Reason is that is we need to scan the instrument cluster for codes and read the values of what the cluster is seeing to narrow down.
No i dont have one
Any particular one that i need so i can purchase it
There are too many possibilities right now and can be expensive parts. Need to narrow down with the scan tool. eBay VCDS CHINESE CLONE you will need a lap top to use it. About 100.
Oh ok. Nothing i can do with out the scan tool?

unfortunately not because its not like the old cars . its more computer electronic!!

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced