VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My car crank but won't start 2003 Volkswagen Passat

Customer Question
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
9/29/2017
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Ok
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Do you have spark present at the spark plugs when you try to start?

I changed all the spark plugs on my car
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

But do you have spark present from the coil when you try to start?

It sounds like it wants to start but it doesn't all lights come in car it jus won't turn over
I changed the crankshaft sensor as well
I really don't no anything about cars sorry. I just would like to no of all the reason my car will crank but won't start so that I can have and idea of what I should get fixed
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Sorry about the wait. The symptom you are experiencing can be caused by a couple of differnent reasons like no fuel pressure, no spark present at coil or no fuel injector pulse present. So these tests will need to be done to poinpoint.

Ok I believe its the fuel pump because when I ran it through the code reader the code 233 came up 322 321
I fixed 322 and 321 and the code po171 is showing now as well
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

are code 322 and 321 still present in the pcm?

No
Just po171
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

No I haven't
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

I will recommend to start with checking for vacuum leaks. If no leaks found then check the fuel pressure and mass air flow operation.

Will that cause my car to not turn over
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Is your engine not turning over at all or not starting?

At one point I would have to cranks it will giving gas and it will turn over but today when it turned over It cut off completely then when I tried to start it up again it just kelp cranking but won't start
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Ok. this symptom can be caused by a large vacuum leak, low fuel pressure or a faulty mass air flow.

I have to change vacuum holes and fuel pump?
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Only if they are faulty.

Ok thanks
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

You're welcome. Keep me posted.

Hello
VW Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 8 months ago

Hello. Any updates?

vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced