VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Engine has oil 4 quarts/dip stick reading is accurate what…

Customer Question
Engine has oil 4...

Engine has oil 4 quarts/dip stick reading is accurate what causes the oil light come on? maybe a bad senor is clogged

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The red oil can not the yellow one comes on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2010 VW cc TSI engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I have'd the engine replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
9/28/2017
VW Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 7 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Ok, that is for low oil pressure.

Possible causes include

faulty oil pressure sensor

wiring short or open

faulty oil pump

faulty oil pressure relief valve in oil pump

clogged oil pump pickup tube and screen

restriction in one of the oil galley passages in the engine block

The first step is testing the oil pressure with a mechanical oil pressure gage to ensure no actual low oil pressure issue. If ok, then the wiring harness for the oil pressure sensor should be checked for breaks, cuts, chafing and repaired. If ok, replace the sensor

If the oil pressure is low, then all the other abovementioned things will need to be tested and inspected

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager