VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I need the code for the radio of the 2002 cabriolet. It's…

Customer Question
Hello, I need the...

Hello, I need the code for the radio of the 2002 cabriolet

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your VW. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No thanks, ***** *****

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
9/27/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need 2 things

1. the vin # of the vehicle
  2. the 14 digit VWZ # of the radio. you may have to remove the radio out to get this serial #

once i have both i can assist!!

Thanks

VIN 3VWDC21V12M802665
VWZ4Z7A6087938

Radio data

Serial number: VWZ4Z7A6087938
PIN: 1688

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

The radio does not accept the code

did the radio show code 2 before entering the code?

did you do this while the car is running?

any recent repairs to the electrical system?

It showed safe 2 after the first attempt, just remove the radius to verify the data, I do not remember any electrical repair.

was a battery replaced for the radio to be locked up?

No, I have more than six months that I bought the car and already came with this code problem.

ok the code is directly from VW server of Germany.

so there can be 2 things the code was entered wrong

or there is an issue inside the radio.

i have seen radios installed where 2 radios were put together as one to get it working but the electronic serial # is different than the serial # of the chassis itself.

before going down that road did you reverify the serial # of the radio (not the sticker but the etching on the side of the radio)?

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician