VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I need help with a Passat CC. The EPC comes up when you go…

Customer Question
I need help with a...
I need help with a Passat CC. The EPC comes up when you go at top speed. Once you turn of the engine it goes out to return again. I you drive gently it doesn't come on
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: VW
9/26/2017
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 7 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This warning light alerts to you that a fault is detected with the throttle system.This is a Electronic Power Control warning light.This can be the throttle body at fault,accelerator pedal sensor at fault or an issue with a traction control sensor.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair the fault detected.This has to be done with a scan tool that will communicate with all computers in your vehicle to see what code is set.

Most likely there is a throttle sensor sending a false signal at hard acceleration or higher speeds causing this issue and it is resetting once you cycle the key off and on again.This was a common issue with the throttle position sensor or accelerator pedal position sensor needing replaced.

The codes do have to be read out to help locate the issue.If you can get the code info and post it here this would help.Most shops or a dealer can read out, diagnose and repair the code for a fee.A local parts store in some cases can read out the codes at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

If you clear out these codes and drive the vehicle until the message comes back again do all of these codes come back?

Only the 1st one stays. the last 3 clear and comeback

Does the engine run good still and is it making any odd noises at all?

It sure runs good.

Are these codes only coming up at higher speeds except for the first code?

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician