VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a loose rear view mirror in my 2006 New Volkswagen…

Customer Question
I have a loose...

I have a loose rear view mirror in my 2006 New Volkswagen Beetle Convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything yet wanted to fix it myself if I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: VW
9/22/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 10 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

I CAN HELP YOU OUT IS THE WHOLE ASSEMBLY LOOSE OR ONLY THE MIRROR GLASS PORTION ?

The whole assembly

Here is a video that is from a 2010 beetle should be close to your style mirror a video will help you out more then me uploading a link for you with instructions if your is set up a little different then just turn the complete mirror assembly counter clockwise for it to come out completely then you line up the tabs on the notches and engage it clockwise . I hope this helps .

Please dont forget to provide feedback /rating or the help provided thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLIQm4hUoTo