VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Oil leak on a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5L. Recent crank position

Oil leak on a 2006...
Oil leak on a 2006 VW Jetta 2.5L. Recent crank position sensor replacement due to car losing power. Now it keeps power but oil light comes on. Changing oil now to see where leak is.
9/21/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you notice any leaks towards the top end of the engine?

In the middle of the engine it is still wet

The way it is leaking around the transmission and at the starter hole indicates rear main seal leak.

That is the timing chain compartment.

Ok just one of a few places I've seen oil

I will recommend to fix the timing compartment leak first as it can leak and cover the bottom.

Ok, before rear main seal replacement?

Yes.

Do you have any other questions?

Just by changing the oil and driving how will that affect the engine, before the seals are changed.

As long as the oil level is good you will not have any issues. By the pictures you sent, it looks like both the leaks are very slow and not immediate. But if it leaks everytime you park then you might wanna get them fixed ASAP.

Thanks, ***** ***** the coils for oil, and none was on them. I pulled one of the coils outside of its sheath. Can I put it back in and put it back on the spark plug without problems?

Yes. Just make sure it is tight and does not have space for spark to escape.

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh
Gunvir Singh