vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Loaded cd's in the radio and they are not being recognized,

loaded cd's in the radio and they are not being recognized, 2012 eos
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: it's difficult to locate. the list is not in the manual.
JA: Are you fixing your Eos yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes - from google i found some listings of vw fuses. pulled all the 10 amp fuses, the radio still works. pulled all the fuses - the radio still worked. All the fuses on the inside fuse box.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a charge $ for this?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the VW Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: A $5 deposit and how does this pricing work?
When you put the cd in the radio what does the radio display show ?
Customer: replied 30 days ago.
This radio is an RCD510 premium 8. All 6 cds show 'no cd' when pressed it shows 'device error ' the SD card is also shows ' SD card error'
OK you have a software issue this is a very common issue in the 510 there are several reflashes for The radios software for these issues I recommend to have the software checked in the radio and if it’s updated ave the dealership reflash it for you they have all the sd cards to flash the radio . I hope this helps please don’t forget to provide feedback rating for the help provided thank you

Heres a video to help you out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOq6q7W5bWo