VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

My ignition has slipped into my dash in my 2004 Touareg how…

Customer Question
My ignition has slipped...

My ignition has slipped into my dash in my 2004 Touareg how big a job is it to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

It just happened

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Touareg yourself? What have you tried so far?

Am not a mechanic how much is it to fix

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/19/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

do you have the lock nut for the ignition switch still?

i do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist!!

please let me know!!