VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Working on finding a new motor on that other car but I Have…

working on finding a new...
working on finding a new motor on that other car but I Have a 2012 Tiguan manual transmission 2wd. The clutch went to the floor and stayed . Fluid leking from bell housing hole.
Is that the slave cylinder that went bad? Also this car only has 50k miles on it. Is that a common problem on these?
9/19/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

yes but change the rear main and the crankcase breather at the same time . rear main common leak!!

Ok so on these you have to pull tranny to get to slave? why so early?

yes you do the slave / TO bearing is one assy!!

the rear main seal separates from the metal retainer . poor gluing process!!

thanks how do axles come out of tranny on this car?

they pop out with a prybar . note spray penatrant to get some lube in the end if possible and then rotate and then pry

Ok. You siad the glue fails onthe main seal. What is proper installation of ne seal?

the reair main comes as one piece the metal bracket with the seal . what happens the seal separates from the metal bracket due to the glue not holding up to par!! sorry for the miscommunication

the new one im getting is good to install as is ? No glue?

the factory main seal has been updated with better adhesive to eliminate the separation. hence there is a special tool to install

oooh.. what is that tool and where do u get it?

dealer only and they will have to order it!!

called dealer and they dont sell it. What does itlook like? Snap-on?

its a ring around the crank to keep the lip from folding over .

i doubt snap on has that tool but you can try .

trying to get pic since it is a newly released updated tool

You said replace crankcase breater as well? PVC valve?

yes with the seal replace the pcv because it can hang the pressure inside the block and blow out the rear main!!

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician