VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I'm trying to find where the comfort control module is

Customer Question
Hi, I'm trying to find...
Hi, I'm trying to find where the comfort control module is located on a Vw Eurovan T4 2003. I need to locate it, know how to access to it, and remove it. Need instructions about all this.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/19/2017
VW Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Just to be sure, you are looking for the module the control the function for the A/C, correct?

I think they call it ccm, confort control module or convenience control module and manages the lights, remote key, window opening...
This one : https://m.ebay.com/itm/351474720002?_mwBanner=1

I am not being offered this information. I will opt out in order for another expert to assist you.

VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 9 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hey how are you

I believe this is what you looking for

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW PDF FILE TO VIEW LOCATION

1 - Immobilizer control unit -J362- - Location: On the right instrument cluster mounting bracket, behind instrument cluster.

Please let me know if this not what you looking for and i can help you further

Please Read below how to get back in touch with me

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Thanks a lot for your reply. I´m not 100% sure if this what I´m looking for. Check this link to see the problem I'm trying to solve. It may give you more info about the box/module I'm looking for. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=174543&page=5

Stay with me let me check really quick, i believe that is the module you need, let me double check and see if we have lock one

do your locks work

you welcome , i will try to help , but not a lot info on them but I owned one and work on several at old shop

1-I m 100% that is it the module in the picture on ebay you Sent me

2-now if the windows not working , they do have a window module located in the driver & passenger door for that

I will need to know more about the issue to be accurate for you ,

now based on my data n 03 euro van i do not see a ccm in that van ,like a jetta

3-CCM , is for A/C control and that will be the unit in dash , and u not having ac issue

4-click on link to view ccm module description

5- Location of ccm ,comfort control module

2003 Volkswagen Truck Eurovan V6-2.8L (AXK)

Save Article

Component location: Behind the A/C Control Head

if you tell more on issue u having maybde i can help more

send me your vin#

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Great. The problem is exactly the same as described on this forum http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=174543&page=5When I use the remote key to close the van, sometimes the passenger side indicator light stays on at a higher amps, so it drains the battery, and it is really hot as it drains much more amps than normal. The only way to switch it off is to try and activate the remote key again from a certain angle after many tries. So right now I have removed the key battery and open the van manually. Thanks

ok , i look the forum, but these were not for a Eurovan,it listed jetta ,beetle etc

Do this tesr for me ,do you have multi meter

Battery Drainage Test

1- Voltmeter
2- settings on voltmeter will be on milli amps.
3- go across all the fuses in the car and see which one is reading higher than 0.3 to 0.5 milli amps
4- the fuse drawing more than 0.5 miili amps ,will be the suspected circuit that needs inspection for the drainage.

And send me vin#

and tell me which fuse is drawing

Chad

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat