VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2012 Jetta- horn inside car will not blow and something is…

2012 Jetta- horn inside car...
2012 Jetta- horn inside car will not blow and something is pulling on battery when everything is off . We found the fuse box under dash and saw 22 was to alarm horn is that the same one for inside horn
9/18/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

Charles.

when you are checking amp draw are you using an inductive amp clamp on the negative cable?

if so you need to open doors and trip latches and the hood latch and arm the alarm and let it power down . usually take 15 minutes before you get an accurate draw reading.

if after the 15 minutes what is the amp draw reading?

thanks

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Are you going to call
The # is(###) ###-####
Phone call session started

given a call