VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2014 passat diesel that is rapidly looking mpg. The…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 passat diesel that is rapidly looking mpg. The engine light is on and it's showing a p2459 code. Any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Just the odb Bluetooth I ordered Freon amazon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think it may be the fuel filter. I started changing the air filter with each oil change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/18/2017
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

i do need a vin # of the vehicle to get the factory information to assist!!

thanks

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. Very busy day. My car is getting some body work done and the VIN number is ***** available right now
The sooner I get the vin the better I can assist you. Thanks