VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

It will crank up run for 10 seconds and cut off. Checked the…

Customer Question
It will crank up...

It will crank up run for 10 seconds and cut off. Checked the codes and it said timing .

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

The guy checked it but didn't tell me the exact code. He said it showed miss fire and timing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 VW?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am going to try its my daughters car she is in college

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I really know it sounds fine when it first starts.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
9/18/2017
VW Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 9 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. without knowing the fault codes, there is nothing to go by on to what is failing. Something lke this could be caused by many many things, so if you could please get the fault codes.

Ok will do.

thanks, ***** ***** know what they are

I have to go back to the shop and get the codes

ok, ill be here

Ok the guy said that he didn't write the code down but it was O2 code miss fire and cam timing. But like I said the car will crank and run perfect for 15 to 20 seconds and then shut off.

again, there are 10 different o2 sensor codes, 6 different misfire codes, and 5 different cam timing codes.

Ok I will have to take the car back down

sorry its just that with these over computerized vehicles today, nothing is simple.

lol I see

you can buy a cheap code reader at harbor freight and do it yourself

I just talked to a guy that I work with and he has 1 and will bring it tomorrow.

ok. i will be here

Thank you

you bet

Good morning. The only code showing is P0300 Random multiple miss fire. Still cranking perfect running 10 seconds and cutting off.

ok, now you need to find out what cylinders are randomly misfiring. you need a scan tool that reads live data to be able to do that. what model vw is this anyway?

It is a 2004. I pulled the tube off of the breather and cranked it up and sprayed carb cleaner and it would keep running.

what model?

Touareg V6

ok, please standby

how long does it stay running with the starting fluid?

Long as you spray and rev engine

ok

hows it going?