VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2017 Passat: push start dead; instrument cluster black.

Customer Question
2017 Passat: push start...

2017 Passat: push start dead; instrument cluster black. Battery OK in car and fobs. fuse issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked to make sure the positive and negative signs are lined up correctly?

Positive and negative signs of of what

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 VW?

Passat SEL

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

Started process by jumping battery even though interior lights are fine and fob flashes lights appropriately and locks/unlocks. then tried the emergency start using the fob against the console. no dice.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is all

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/18/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 11 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

I can help you out , remove the plastic tab cover on the steering column trim and remove the key ring and stick the key in the ring and then push the keys system button to turn on your ignition and see if you can get the car started if the vehicle will not start still then the key has lost programming to the kessy system and will then need to be towed to a vw dealer so it can be programmed . I hope this helps .

Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you