Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Have a problem with 98 beatle left side p/w motor. will not

have a problem with 98 beatle left side p/w motor. will not go down, motor just clicks. is there another fuse for it. pass side works fine
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: it is coming from motor, it is detached from regulator
JA: Are you fixing your 98 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I am an auto tech for gm for over 33 years. I got a replacement motor and a switch. the switch had come apart
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a separate fuse or relay for left side motor

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it clicks when you try to roll it down, then the motor has power to it, so It wont be a fuse problem, this is going to be a bad window motor and regulator assembly, are planning on fixing this your self?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess the replacement motor I got was defective, I pulled the motor off of regulator and will not move just clicks

then its a bad motor, where did you get it from?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got it from rockauto

I have not had good luck with their window motors, and their customer service leaves litle to be desired, I use 1A auto online for the window regulators and motors, they are guaranteed for life, and if bad, they will overnight a new one for you, but if the motor has power and it clicks, its a bad motor,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Tim, I will get from there

Anytime my friend, please dont forget to rate me,thanks,Tim

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will do, have a great day

You too