VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2006 Passat 3.6, my aux. outlets have stopped

Customer Question
I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 Passat 3.6, my aux. outlets have stopped working. Is there a specific fuse for them?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yep. Like most manuals, from VW, they are not correct.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to do it myself. Was assuming a fuse has blown, haven't tried anything, yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's it.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/17/2017
VW Mechanic: Randall, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Randall
Randall, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, depending on the production date>? it could be a different fuse but most common? will be a fuse and that fuse for most is located in the passenger side fuse panel. The fuse panel at the end of the dash on passenger side, It should be, most cases fuse #33 and a 20 amp fuse, Locate it? do not just look at it, swap it with another or at least swap with another fuse near it for testing

There is not a fuse in or around 33. Car was made in March of 2006, if that helps.

do you have 33+ fuse in that fuse box? every diagram shows fuse #33 but one diagram shows fuse #38

can you take a picture of that fuse box and attach to this post

here is the fuse chart. look at fuse 33. its through April 2006

I am unsure, I am going off factory diagrams,. I will opt out

VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello I'm Wolfgang. I need a vin # to get that layout for you Thanks
WVWCU73C56E209245

first please check inside the outlets make sure that there is no wrappers or metal pieces if it is remove then

you will need to gain access to the passenger end of the dash fuse box . take a flashlight and you will see the fuse openings numbered

you need to check fuse 38 (15a) make sure that it is not blown if blown replace and recheck

please do let me know!!

thanks

I've already tried that one but did it again, anyway. No luck. fuse is not blown but i replaced it anyway, still nothing.

do you have a volt meter and can you check for voltage at that fuse while the car is running please

No, I don't. I can borrow one but I'm heading out of town in a road trip. Won't be able to do it until Thursday.

ok that is fine !! need to trace the circuit!!