VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Won't stay running. Weak spark, 2001 cabrio, Nothing. Just…

Customer Question
Won't stay running. Weak...

Won't stay running. Weak spark

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2001 cabrio

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cabrio yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. Just purchased used. Car starts but won't stay running.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Fuel pump and filter running properly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is it possible the car needs a new ignition coil?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/16/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 11 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Ok the most common issue for this model vehicle is a faulty ignition coil thats mounted on the firewall these are very common to have fracture cracks and cause the issue you have . I hope this helps .

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided thank you