VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 1966 vw beetle, new motor, new starter, new

Customer Question
I have a 1966...

I have a 1966 vw beetle, new motor, new starter, new battery, when you run it for at least 15 miles and stop and shut it off...turn key again, nothing!! have put 2 starters in, has brand new 6 volt batt, the strongest one....had two ppl work on her, i'm at a loss, maybe wiring, i have no idea, making me crazy lol

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

It's a stick, if i push start her, pop the clutch i can start her, but i'm a 68 young woman lol n rather turn the key hee

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Beetle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, had it to two places, very reliable, 2 starters, 2 new batteries, we think we have it, i drive her home, shut it off, try to start again, nothing, it's crazy

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
9/16/2017
VW Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 11 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Your ignition switch may have a short in it. When this happens, try starting it across the solenoid instead. If it cranks that way, then you need a new ignition switch.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

put new ignition in also, forgot to say that...but i need to knw how to cancel this, i feel a scam coming, i'm 68 old broad, think i'd knw better by now lol..i get prob. lost 33 dollars, but want it to end now, how do i go about that?
no just tell me how to cancel please
that's not going to happen is it?????