VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Cruise control stopped working and wondering if it is a fuse…

Customer Question
Cruise control stopped working...

Cruise control stopped working and wondering if it is a fuse problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

2.5 litre 5 cylinder and i have no fuse diagram

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2011 vw jetta comfort line

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

I pulled a fuse to check but `that fuse caused my clocks to reset to 12:00. i do not want to start pulling fuses and screw something else up.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really. it pisses me off that no fuse diagram is on the back of the fuse cover or in my manual.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/15/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 11 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Do not start pulling fuses you will cause more issues , when you activate the cruise control does the light on the dash come on when you activate it??

No

OK more then likely you need to have the engine control module (ecm) coded for cruise control a times the control module will loose the coding for the cruise control and just needs to be activated again . You need to find a repair shop that has a vw capable scan tool or the dealer can do this for you they usually charge about $60-$75 for this coding here in the states . I hope this helps

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback/rating for the help provided we as experts rely on this thank you