VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a 2008 eos that will not start just purchased drove

home about 120 miles upon...
I have a 2008 eos that will not start just purchased drove home about 120 miles upon arriving home after stopping several times and restarting without problem when ignition was switched off it sounded like fuel pump was running and did not stop until battery was dead thought is was fuel pump control module and replaced it still will not start note!!! battery was replaced before leaving dealership main fuel pump ???? I have some knowledge as a tech
9/13/2017
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello I'm Wolfgang
If you put jumper cables on the battery do you hear the pump running?Does it start after jumpers are on and run?
the battery has been charged and no sound from the pump
Ok I want you to remove the back seat bottom out to gain access to the fuel pump control module and pump. Look at the black box is it deformed and smells burnt?
I do not see a response
I stated in the opening message that I had replaced the fuel pump control module
My bad. I need a vin # pleaseThanks
I can't get that until tomorrow I will contact you tommorrow
Ok thanks
wolfgang the vin # is wvwba71f98v029044

please check fuse 27 left side end of the dash fuse box see if blown

no it is not

do you have 12 volts at both sides of the fuse when cranking?

what i do need you to do is to get back at the connector for the fuel pump itself of the fuel pump module and you need to check for voltage while cranking on pins 1 to 5 . what is the voltage?

I pulled the connector to the fuel pump and checked for voltage on the (larger) black & red wires on opposite ends of the plug and had voltage but it started out Note !!! I just received your last message and I will get these readings and send them when I have them it will take some time

started out?? explain please!

these are the readings 1 recorded but I am not sure of the readings at the pump plug in because I could not find a good ground so I used the seat backrest bolt anchor the voltage at #27 fuse is about 11.50 volts the readings at the #1 wire on the plug is .275 volts #2 20.1 volts #3 2.37 volts # 4 2.37 volts #5 .220 volts

i need you to put your meter leads between pin 1 and pin 5 and crank the vehicle . what is the voltage?

the voltage starts out (low) about 1.5 volts and gradually increases to 11.0 + volts while the key is held in start position
did you get my last message about voltage when starting
Ok then most likely you have the in tank pump bad too since it does not operate. That module is working correctly because it's a pulse width modulated signal and if it does not start right away the voltage will increase to pump more fuel in the rail.
thanks talk to you tommorrow
Try to dirty test the pump to see if it tries to run
What happens pump takes out the module due to pump drawing too much amps to run

hello again!! checking in for an update !!

really appreciate a reply so i can see if you still need more help or not!!

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I replaced the tank pump still will not run
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is dirty test

do you have a scan tool to scan for codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
but it will be tommorrow
Please let me know
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
0) codes but battery was disconnected once (questions) does the pump continuing to run when ignition is switched off and killing battery tell you anything can pump be straight wired bypassing module which wire red or black is ground on opposite ends of connector to pump

not recommended but a dirty test to see if it will run is ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you know which wire is ground

pin 5 according to my diagram

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will try run the test and get back to you

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
yesterday after last message I straight wired the pump and car started right up (today) I got the owner's manual checked both fuse boxes for proper fuse installation and now pump runs (straight wired) but engine will not start and scan shows (u0100 code) which is not listed in my code booklet
You have a communication fault so this is where vag Com comes into play. All car modules needs to be scanned to see what is happening. As I said that is just a dirty test for the fuel pump. Something is not coming on line
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
there is no way I can scan the modules with a hand held scanner (right) ???

not a generic obdII scanner . must have at least VAG COM or the factory scan tool!!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
uo100 code gone fuse was missing now starts and runs (4) warnings on (traction) - (air bag) - (press brake pedal) - (steering) "yellow"
Disconnect battery for 5 minutes then connect start the car and road test do the lights go out?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they all went out except (air) bag - brake pedal (goes out when brake pedal is pressed) drl goes out when e/brake applied

ok then the air bag code needs to checked out . your tool will not scan air bag.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating credits me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician