VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have got a lot work done to my vw cc 2012 now it want

Customer Question
crank r start....
I have got a lot work done to my vw cc 2012 now it want crank r start.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
VW Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 8 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

want crank want start , is the anti tehtf light on or flashing ?

Battery , battery cables , starter all that checked ?

tell me more on how it happened and what all the a lot work done u mentioned

lets start here

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Ok i had got a oil change first. Then I took it to the dealership and had replace the exhaust turbo and all hardware and gaskets . And the pcv valve. I replace the spark plugs and at first I had got the coil packs but had went and got the right ones. Then driving to get something to eat one night and it just cut off . It had crank up then cut back off. It had sat for 1 hour then it crank up to drive almost home then it cut off. Had got a jump one day in the mist of all this and it crank. The epc light came on the last time it cut off
Then today it started turning over. Now it's not doing nothing got a jump and all

Has CKP sensor Crank shaf position sensor been replaced ?

we need fuel and spark to start , so we loosimhg one or both

at time it want start ,if you turn switch for off to on , the fuel pump should come on and will hear buzz for few secs ,does it ?

if you spray starting fluid at time of no start does it start and die ?

the ckp is common if we missing spark ?

any security light on dash when this happens

lets start here and we go from there

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

What it do if the engine locks up
The reason I ask cause we did all that and still no nothing it don't say nothing. The p light were the clutch keep blinking and it's say on dash board that the level need to be in p/n to start . Once I try to crank it.
I m wondering if the car thinks it is in reverse or drive ,even though it is showing p or neutral , is the shift cable needs adjusting ,did you check
You mentioning says lever need to in park or neutral is an issues , it will not start if not in p or n ,This the shifter adjustment

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat