Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign& Domestic vehicles
45790705

07 jetta key will not turn far enough to depress release

Customer Question

07 jetta key will not turn far enough to depress release button to remove lock cly. how do we proceed
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Volkswagen Jetta. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: we are an independent repair shop
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

click on link to view pdf file

what is vin # , 4 cyl turbo or 6 cyl

so i can look up correct diagram

is key broke inside or wore out or was bent ?what customer say,was gradually giving them problems

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the vin # is 3VWPF71K57M082849, PLEASE BE ADVISED we already have diagrams and information about getting lock cly out if the key turns far enough but the key only turns part way not enough to turn the ign on therefor not far enough to depress release. customer was supposedly having no problem before. we have both Michel and all data info.

if the lock is broke inside ,in this case you can try to :1-drill it out 2- take the steering column with ignition out and do it on bench 3- just get a whole new column from junk yard then you will need a capable scanner to reprogram

these are your options .

take you drill and try to guesstimate how far the hole is away from the correct position and drill straight on top of it so u can insert ur tool to release ,might take few tries

Hey how are you

Just checking on you to see if you got the issue resolved or you like additional assistance on it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat