Anthony
Anthony, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Automobile Technician with over 20 years exp. in this field.
15218643

2008 VW R32. It has a rough idle and a hissing sound can be

Customer Question

2008 VW R32.
It has a rough idle and a hissing sound can be heard from the top of the valve cover right where the pcv breather hose connects to.
I do not see a PCV valve on this vehicle. The hose above mentioned has a 2 pin connector called a pcv heating element but the hose does not have a pcv built in. I've seen other VWs with PCV Valves but this does not have one.Can someone tell me where the PCV is on this vehicle?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Anthony replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

The valve is part of the valve cover as well as the hose. You can try a new hose that you see. If it still runs bad, you need a new valve cover. I almost always do both.

Expert:  Anthony replied 1 month ago.

Plug the hose and if it runs right replace the valve cover...