vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Second opinion] my car is in limp modeJA: What is the

Customer Question

Second opinion] my car is in limp modeJA: What is the model/year of your VW?Customer: 05 passatJA: Are you fixing your Passat yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: 1.8JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: ive replaced the crankshaft position sensor, spark plugs, ignition coils, mass air flow sensor and the throttle bodyJA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?Customer: not since i replaced what i listed above, it seems that the computer is still in protection mode, runs fine
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
error code P0221
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 month ago.

Did you install a factory throttle body ??

And did you reset the basic settings with a capable scan tool after the replacement of the throttle body ??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
the epc light is still on and the triangle with the ! circled are illuminated

Once you erase this fault how fast does it trigger again and go into limo mode ??

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
whenever i restart it from erasing the codes it just reappears as P0221 Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how does one replace a Throttle Pedal Position Sensor/Switch 'B' Circuit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello? i have to fix my car today
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Do i have to request another expert? can i receive my refund? no one is helping me
Sorry for the delay the throttle pedal sensor is build into the throttle pedal but before replacing I recommend you check the wires from the pedal to the ecm by doing a voltage drop on each wire and also make sure you have 5 volt reference at the pedal connector with the key in the On position . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i checked the wires and they seem to be fine, i need a solution asap,
How did you check them ? Did you do a voltage drop on each wire ? And do you have a 5volt reference
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no i dont own that equipment, dont even know what tool to use for that, ive tried everything so im just going to have to take it into a dealership, you guys cant provide me with the information i need, the code P0221 is all i have and its wiring i cannot get to...

I am providing you the necessary information to check the items to see whats wrong with the vehicle more then likely its a fuel pedal or wiring to the ecm but i just dont want you to spend time and money and replace something and not knowing what caused the issue for sure .

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
well with the information you've provided me with could lead to a number of things, i have a diagnosis at the moment, it has to be the wiring to the ecm, i cannot access these as they are very well placed throughout the vehicle, i've tried tracing them back to the ecm but it literally goes into the engine and i cannot reach them, i feel as if i do not have the skills or knowledge to replace or fix this problem, it should be wiring since i've replaced all the major components, all the mechanics within driving distance all have terrible reviews, i have no other option but to take it to the stealership
Sorry to hear that