vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2008 vw new beetle CONVERTIBLE. When closing the CONVERTIBLE

Customer Question

2008 vw new beetle CONVERTIBLE. When closing the CONVERTIBLE the warning light come when completely close and lock in and waring sound also need to fix thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 1 month ago.
You have a fault stored in the top control module this why the light comes on and makes a noise more then likely you have a failing convertible micro switch . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where is the the control module and also the fuse or relay thank you
It's located in the right rear luggage compartment behind the panels but the module is not the issue you will need a capable scan tool to see which trouble codes you have in the module so you see which one of the sensors has failed start by checking that with a capable scan tool . I hope this helps please don't forget to provide feedback rating for the help provided thank you
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Which the fuse so i can disarm it until i can get capable scan tool to find what side it is thabks

There is no fuse just for that if you remove the comfort module #14 out it will cause more issues , you can try to unplug the blinking convertible light to eliminate the noise .

I hope this helps please dont forget to provide positive feedback for the help provided thank you