VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Had it checked out and some trouble codes come up 00768

Customer Question
Had it checked out...

Had it checked out and some trouble codes come up 00768 through 00772. What do they mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

They have been re-set the 00768 through 00772 are misfiring codes I believe. its a 2012 GTI Jetta

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Jetta yourself? What have you tried so far?

We had the plugs changed. codes haven't re-appeared but the mechincs said there could be a problem deeper in the engine

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
9/9/2017
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 9 months ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Is it a 2012 Jetta or Gti ? And what engine do you have ?
2012 Jetta GLI turbo
It now has a flashing check engine light on.
What should I do?

Ok i dont recommend you drive the car too much when the light is flashing this indicates the engine is not running on all cylinders , more then likely you have a faulty ignition coil these are very common to cause your faults and the running rough condition . I hope this helps . Please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided thank you

are we talking about the coil paks?

In this motor there should be a single coil per cylinder more then likely ignition coil in cylinder #4 has failed . I hope all this has helped please dont forget to provide feedback/rating for the help thank you

Ok I will get the coil paks replaced. All 4 of them.
If this works I will most certainly give a positive review.
thanks
Ok no problem
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician