vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

BOUGHT 2012 OES VOLKS 2 MONTHS AGO ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON CAR

Customer Question

HI PEARL.
JA: What is the model/year of your VW?
Customer: BOUGHT 2012 OES VOLKS 2 MONTHS AGO ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON CAR RUNS PERFECTLY FINE
JA: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: DID THAT LAST WEEK NO TROUBLE CODES NO SATALLING
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO I AM A 70 YEAR OLD FEMALE DONOT FIX Crs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: VW
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Your check engine light comes on when the computer system sees a fault and when this happens the system will detect it and set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing the system needs to be scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Has this been done and if so can you tell me what fault code and or codes where you getting?