VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

The car needed the upper timing chain cover replaced and all…

Customer Question
The car needed the...

The car needed the upper timing chain cover replaced and all of the timing chain guides has fell apart so I replaced all of these and both tensioners. I put the car back together and now it has a very hard time starting and runs rough for a second or two then shuts down. If you pull a plug, they are wet with fuel. If you hold the accelerator at about half it will run, but run rough.I need some help.......

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How responsive has your car been lately?

100+k

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your VW?

2001 Jett GLX 12 valve vr6 Auto trans

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Prior to the work done above the car ran fine. After the work done above it starts hard and runs rough for a few seconds and shuts off. If I pull a plug it is wet with gas. If you hold the throttle half open it will run rough and then shut off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is where I am at. I have checked all the vacuum lines and such and they all seem connected. I also changed the ABS pump

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: VW
9/8/2017
VW Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic replied 9 months ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

i would think you have it a notch out of time somewhere

i will give you the procedure for timing this engine

Ok

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns8hlprzt102406/0907-vw-Please%20see%20Timing%20Chain.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/ns8hlprzt102406/0907-vw-Please%20see%20Timing%20Chain.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help